Do you cum too fast? Cumming too soon is a major issue for many men today. Not being able to control your climax might transform sex from a pleasurable experience into an embarrassing one!
But don’t worry. Premature ejaculation (PE) is far more common than you’d imagine! While sexual problems are frustrating, there are multiple ways to address it. There are techniques and new technologies focused on helping you boost your sexual performance safely and effectively. In this article, we’ll help you understand PE, its causes and what you can do to solve it.
What Is Premature Ejaculation?
There’s no standard definition for PE. Why? Because the term “premature” is very relative. However, in most cases, people describe PE as the sexual dysfunction of reaching climax sooner than someone or their partner would like.
How Common Is It?
When talking about men’s health, premature ejaculation is one of the most common sexual problems – irrespective of age, sexual preference or other factors. Although it’s hard to know the exact numbers, some studies show that over 33% of men experience premature ejaculation at some point in their lives.
What do women think about premature ejaculation?
A woman whose partner suffers from premature ejaculation is often frustrated. However, the real reason your girl friend may have a problem with your ejaculation control is very different from what you may think.
A recent study with over 1500 women found that for a woman the sexual experience is not restricted to intercourse and orgasm but includes caressing, kissing and other forms of sexual stimulation.
For a woman, pleasurable love making doesn’t necessarily equate to mean a longer intercourse. If her man is able to satisfy her individual desires, the duration of the sexual activity is immaterial.
The study revealed that the main reason why your girl friend may be frustrated with your sexual problems is because you are too focused on delaying your ejaculation. As a result you may be ignoring her sexual needs and pleasure.
When a man is only thinking of lasting longer in bed, he may get distracted and neglect foreplay which is equally important for women.
A girl wouldn’t mind a guy cumming quickly as long as he makes her feel good and helps her reach orgasm. They wouldn’t like a guy who ruins the moment because of the problem and concludes sexual activity immediately instead of trying to pleasure her to orgasm too.
The Types of Premature Ejaculation
There are primarily two types of PE:
People with lifelong premature ejaculation have always had a tendency to cum too fast ever since they were sexually active. A lifelong premature ejaculator usually ejaculates in under 3 minutes of sexual intercourse or masturbation. He may even climax before the 60-second mark or during foreplay.
Acquired premature ejaculation is the more common form of PE. A man with Acquired PE has had longer sexual encounters in the past but now finds that he cums earlier than before. This dysfunction may get worse with age.
The Causes Of Premature Ejaculation
Until recently, people attributed premature ejaculation to psychological factors. However, we’ve now found biological causes may also affect a small percentage of the population, especially those who cum too quickly due to lifelong premature ejaculation.
With that being said, there’s no one cause that leads to this sexual dysfunction.
Here’s a look at a few of the most common ones:
Most instances of premature ejaculation are related to different factors like:
- Anxiety and stress: Many men with premature ejaculation issues have also reported anxiety issues. Anxiety and stress over ejaculating too fast can worsen the problem.
- Novelty of a relationship and overexcitement: Excitement over a new relationship or a new experience can lead to you cumming fast. This is especially prevalent if it’s been a long time since your last sexual experience.
An overly excited man usually cums too fast as he finds it harder to control himself. This problem may resolve itself with time.
- Inexperience: Younger men with limited sexual experience may not know how to control the muscles involved in their orgasm. They may not even be familiar with the sensation leading up to it. They also haven’t developed the necessary stamina in bed yet.
Usually, if young men can’t resolve this issue in their first few encounters, this can become a regular problem.
- Preconditioning: Quick masturbation sessions and sexual encounters can condition the body to reach climax more quickly. This might also happen with men with erectile dysfunction since they may want to finish before the erection goes away.
- Issues with body or self: Lack of self-confidence is also tied to anxiety – leading to the sexual dysfunction of ejaculating too quickly.
B. Penile Sensitivity
While this is relatively rare, hypersensitivity in the penis can also cause you to cum faster. This problem is not always permanent and may be caused by several issues like urinary infections or trauma to the penis.
C. Chemical Imbalances and Biological Reasons:
A small minority of men experience premature ejaculation due to chemical or biological factors like:
- Abnormal hormone levels
- Medical conditions like prostate/urethra issues.
- Chemical imbalances in brain centers
D. Other Causes
Alcohol and drugs can affect semen quality and production, as well as cause irregularities in ejaculation. Weak pelvic muscles have also been linked to the inability of some men to have longer sexual encounters.
In some rare cases, spinal cord injuries have also been linked to PE.
While there’s no clear-cut reason for PE, feelings of guilt, shame or anxiety can worsen the problem.
That’s why, instead of feeling down about cumming too fast, you need to know that it’s common, it’s not your fault, and most importantly, you can do something about it.
The Solutions To Premature Ejaculations
Here are a few of the most common solutions for men suffering from PE:
1. Scientifically Proven Methods (MYHIXEL)
MYHIXEL is a revolutionary solution and cure for premature ejaculation.
It combines a scientifically proven program via a mobile app and a therapeutic stimulation device designed to help you learn how to control your ejaculation. Developed in collaboration with the Murcian Sexology Institute, MYHIXEL is a proven method of sex therapy that’ll help you last up to seven times longer in bed!
Tested in over 800 men, this method is completely natural and has no side effects. With MYHIXEL, you’ll be able to train yourself to last a long time in bed from the comfort and privacy of your own home!
How does it work?
The anonymized MYHIXEL app lets you follow a personalized ten-week self-learning program. It enables you to discover your body and the muscles involved in the orgasm process. It then teaches you to control the mental and physical aspects of your orgasm – giving you more control over your body.
In addition to the app, you’ll be using a state-of-the-art penile stimulator to help you actively train your body to last longer in bed.
Unlike most other solutions, MYHIXEL puts you in control of your orgasm – making sure that you’re not relying on anything else to help you last longer!
To learn more about MYHIXEL and how it can help you, click here.
2. Desensitizing sprays and condoms
There are specialized condoms that are thicker and may even have lidocaine or other numbing agents to gently numb your penis during sexual intercourse. These can help you achieve a delayed ejaculation by combating hypersensitivity and overstimulation.
Potential side effects and cons:
- Reduction of pleasure: While numbing items can seem like a good and simple way for you to last longer, they reduce the pleasurable sensation in your penis. This can reduce the amount of enjoyment you get out of your sex life as you can’t feel as much sensation as you used to.
- Uncomfortable feeling or inconvenient: Some of these condoms and creams take time to take effect – you may have to wait longer than normal before you can initiate sexual contact. It can leave you feeling uncomfortable.
Additionally, these numbing creams may come in contact with your partner and desensitize their genitals as well – leading them to have a less pleasurable experience too.
- Delayed ejaculation is not a permanent solution: Desensitizing materials can only help you patch the problem and last longer temporarily – it doesn’t cure it permanently.
3. Start-stop method
The start-stop method is fairly simple. When you feel like you’re getting close to ejaculating, you or your partner stop stimulation. Once the moment has passed, you can resume stimulation.
Using this technique can help your sexual experience to last longer, since you’re stopping, waiting and resuming.
Potential side effects and cons:
- Not easy nor quick: Most people will take up to three months or even longer to successfully implement this technique during intercourse or any other sexual activity.
- It’s frustrating: Suddenly stopping sexual activity can be frustrating for you and your partner as the breaks can ruin the moment.
- Easy to disrupt: It’s very important to keep track of your sexual arousal in this method. If you’re distracted or lose focus during sexual intercourse, you could overlook when you’re about to ejaculate.
- Hard to achieve by yourself: For this method to truly work, you’ll need a partner with you. You can’t use the start-stop method by yourself to last longer and stop yourself from cumming fast.
4. Squeeze method
The squeeze method is the start-stop method coupled with squeezing the area between the shaft and the head of the penis with your (or your partner’s) thumb and finger. This causes a more immediate stop in arousal and delays ejaculation for longer than just stopping.
Potential side effects and cons:
- Reduction of erection: In addition to the side effects and disadvantages of the start-stop method, this method may reduce the strength of your erection so it’s not a good solution for people with erectile dysfunction.
- Hard to master: To be able to use the squeeze method, you or your partner need to learn the proper technique, and doing it correctly can take a long time.
- Hard to practice: For this method to work properly you’ll have to use it during penetrative sex, not during masturbation. Men may find it hard to stop the thrusting motion at just the right time to apply the manual squeeze.
- Lack of medical studies: Neither the squeeze method nor the start-and-stop method have any medical studies proving their effectiveness.
5. Communication in bed
This sex therapy method is the easiest to implement.
When you’re about to cum, asking your partner to slow down a little bit is a good way to delay ejaculation and make sex last longer.
For example, in most heterosexual encounters, a guy cums earlier than a woman. The average time for a female orgasm can take 5-7 minutes, while the average time for men is only up to 5 minutes. Communicating in bed is a good way to slow down the time it takes for a man to cum – helping both the man and the woman cum at similar times.
Potential side effects and cons:
- Difficult to implement with new partners: Effective communication in bed grows along with the relationship. When having sex with new partners, you’ll find it difficult to use this method to control your orgasm immediately.
- Not a comprehensive solution: This method may only alleviate the simplest psychological reasons for PE. For more complex mental or physical causes, you may need a more comprehensive treatment.
6. Pharmaceutical solutions
For complex psychological and biological causes, going to a doctor for medication might be a good solution.
For example, most antidepressants contain an SSRI, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors can prolong your orgasm by blocking the serotonin transporter in your brain, leading to delayed ejaculation.
But as with any medication treatment, you need a prescription from a doctor and may face tons of possible side effects.
However, the main problem is that medications can’t cure it permanently, so you’ll have to continuously rely on them your entire life. In most cases, once the medications are suspended, the PE effects not only come back but are sometimes worse than before.
That’s why a doctor may prescribe medications as the first stage of treatment just to help men have a positive sexual experience. Most doctors then ask their patients to start sustainable, non-pharmaceutical treatments, like sex therapy
- Cumming fast is a common problem and it can be treated.
- While there’s no single cause or solution, it’s nothing to be embarrassed or worried about.
- New sexual technologies like MYHIXEL make it easy to train and track your progress until you gain full control over your orgasms.
- You can even combine MYHIXEL with some of the other techniques we listed here to further slow down your sexual experience and last longer in bed!