Cum too fast? Did you know that 1 in 3 men have or have had premature ejaculation at least once in their lives? Premature ejaculation is the loss of control when climaxing. That is to say when a man reaches ejaculation earlier than desired or takes less than an average of 3 minutes to ejaculate.
Only 20% of men with this concern talk about it with a specialist or a reliable person, because this is a taboo subject for most people, which is necessary to normalize.
What is Premature Ejaculation?
There’s no standard definition for PE. Why? Because the term “premature” is very relative. However, in most cases, people describe PE as the sexual dysfunction of reaching climax sooner than someone or their partner would like.
The World Health Organization (WHO) came up with a definition that has become a standard for all health experts around the world:
“It is characterized by ejaculation that occurs before, or within a very short duration after, starting vaginal penetration or other similar sexual stimulation”
Levels of Premature Ejaculation
When talking about men’s health, premature ejaculation is one of the most common sexual problems – irrespective of age, sexual preference or other factors. Although it’s hard to know the exact numbers, some studies show that over 33% of men experience premature ejaculation at some point in their lives.
There are different levels of premature ejaculation:
- Level 1: This is the mildest level of premature ejaculation, related to a lack of ejaculatory control, most of the time due to stress or anxiety.
- Level 2: When a man does not overcome level 1 and reaches Level 2, premature ejaculation could become habitual, even chronic.
- Level 3: When a man does not overcome level 2 could reach level 3. It is a level that can psychologically affect, as it can be identified as a permanent situation, although this is not the case and can be solved. Men with «primary ejaculation» usually start premature ejaculation directly at level 3.
- Level 4: It is the highest level, when premature ejaculation becomes a disorder, which can affect all personal aspects such as social relationships, work, state of mind, psychological well-being, etc.
Primary and Secondary Premature Ejaculation
There are two main types of premature ejaculation, primary and secondary:
Primary Premature Ejaculation
People with primary premature ejaculation (or lifelong) have always had a tendency to cum too fast ever since they were sexually active. A lifelong premature ejaculator usually ejaculates in under 3 minutes of sexual intercourse or masturbation. He may even climax before the 60-second mark or during foreplay. Sometimes, this situation has been present since adolescence.
Secondary Premature Ejaculation
Secondary premature ejaculation (or acquired) is the more common form of PE. A man with Acquired PE has had longer sexual encounters in the past but now finds that he cums earlier than before.
Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation How to detect it?
Ejaculating before you would like to in many or most of your sexual relations, is a symptom that indicates a frequent lack of ejaculatory control. If you are in this situation, go to see your doctor or sexologist to identify the cause and find a solution. Do the test below to check or detect symptoms of premature ejaculation:
Premature Ejaculation Test
Complete our 15-question test to check if you could be suffering from premature ejaculation and to evaluate your level of ejaculatory control. Remember that the result of this test does not replace a medical diagnosis. Once you get the results, download our pdf guide entitled “The Keys to Male Climax” for FREE.
And now, it’s time to complete the premature ejaculation test. It won’t take you more than 3 minutes – go ahead!
The Causes Of Premature Ejaculation
Until recently, people attributed premature ejaculation to psychological factors. However, we’ve now found biological causes may also affect a small percentage of the population, especially those who cum too quickly due to lifelong premature ejaculation. With that being said, there’s no one cause that leads to this sexual dysfunction.
Here’s a look at a few of the most common ones:
1. Physical causes
Although in most situations premature ejaculation is due to factors influenced by the psychological variant, some physical causes can influence the appearance of premature ejaculation:
- Hereditary factor: There are some cases in which genetics can influence this situation and it can be inherited. It is important to check if it has ever happened in the family.
- Circulation: Blood circulation is vital during erection, so if there is poor circulation that alters or prevents blood flow, erection disorders can occur that influence or lead to other situations such as lack of ejaculatory control.
- Hypersensitivity: While this is relatively rare, in the penis can also cause you to cum faster. This problem is not always permanent and may be caused by several issues like urinary infections or trauma to the penis.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs: The use of alcohol and illegal drugs can affect semen quality and production, as well as cause irregularities in ejaculation.
- Otras causas de factor biológico: Una pequeña minoría de hombres experimentan eyaculación precoz debido a factores químicos o biológicos como: nivel anormal de hormonas, condición médica como por ejemplo próstata o problemas en la uretra o desequilibrio químico en los centros cerebrales.
- Other biological causes: A small minority of men experience premature ejaculation due to chemical or biological factors like: abnormal hormone levels, medical conditions like prostate/urethra issues or chemical imbalances in brain centers
2. Psychological causes
Contrary to what most people think, premature ejaculation is more related to psychological than physical factors and can be faced naturally:
- Bad sex education or Inexperience: Younger men with limited sexual experience may find the situation of not knowing how to anticipate and control orgasm, this could cause insecurity that affects their sexual relations.They may not even be familiar with the sensation leading up to it. They also haven’t developed the necessary stamina in bed yet.
- Issues with body or self: Lack of self-confidence is also tied to anxiety – leading to the sexual dysfunction of ejaculating too quickly.
- Anxiety and stress: Many men with premature ejaculation issues have also reported anxiety issues. Anxiety and stress over ejaculating too fast can worsen the problem.
- Low satisfaction with sex life: Not having healthy sex or low sexual satisfaction can also cause this loss of control when it comes to reaching ejaculation.
- Novelty of a relationship and overexcitement: Excitement over a new relationship or a new experience can lead to you cumming fast. This is especially prevalent if it’s been a long time since your last sexual experience. An overly excited man usually cums too fast as he finds it harder to control himself. This problem may resolve itself with time.
- Preconditioning: Quick masturbation sessions and sexual encounters can condition the body to reach climax more quickly. This might also happen with men with erectile dysfunction since they may want to finish before the erection goes away.
Download the PDF of the Definitive Guide to Ejaculatory Control for FREE
The Solutions To Premature Ejaculations
Here are a few of the most common solutions for men suffering from PE:
1. Pharmaceutical solutions: Do they work?
For complex psychological and biological causes, going to a doctor for medication might be a good solution. For example, most antidepressants contain an SSRI, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors can prolong your orgasm by blocking the serotonin transporter in your brain, leading to delayed ejaculation. But as with any medication treatment, you need a prescription from a doctor and may face tons of possible side effects.
However, the main problem is that medications can’t cure it permanently, so you’ll have to continuously rely on them your entire life. In most cases, once the medications are suspended, the PE effects not only come back but are sometimes worse than before.
There are also desensitizing sprays and specialized condoms that are thicker and may even have lidocaine or other numbing agents to gently numb your penis during sexual intercourse. These can help you achieve a delayed ejaculation by combating hypersensitivity and overstimulation. But it has possible side effects such as:
- Reduction of pleasure: While numbing items can seem like a good and simple way for you to last longer, they reduce the pleasurable sensation in your penis. This can reduce the amount of enjoyment you get out of your sex life as you can’t feel as much sensation as you used to.
- Uncomfortable feeling or inconvenient: Some of these condoms and creams take time to take effect – you may have to wait longer than normal before you can initiate sexual contact. It can leave you feeling uncomfortable. Additionally, these numbing creams may come in contact with your partner and desensitize their genitals as well – leading them to have a less pleasurable experience too.
- Is not a permanent solution: Desensitizing materials can only help you patch the problem and last longer temporarily – it doesn’t cure it permanently.
But, before choosing pharmacological treatments, it is better to choose natural solutions without side effects and that have long-lasting results, given that by being natural, what you get is to acquire the improvement of ejaculatory control in a learned way and not manipulated pharmacologically. One of these natural treatments that inhibit the reuptake of serotonin is MYHIXEL MAX, created with a combination of natural plants and whose use is a perfect match for MYHIXEL solutions, developed to learn and improve climax control.
2. Natural solutions and treatments
- MYHIXEL MED
MYHIXEL MED is a natural solution, based on science and technology, for premature ejaculation. It combines the app, MYHIXEL Play, with a gamified program that has been designed to teach and help men to improve ejaculation control by completing the activities using the pleasure device, MYHIXEL I. It has been scientifically proven, improving control time by up to x7 times. It is a completely natural method that has no side effects.
To learn more about MYHIXEL and how it can help you, click here.
- Healthy habits
Maintaining good health habits such as exercise, diet, or any activity that helps to release stress or anxiety is very helpful in preventing premature ejaculation.
- Food supplements
There are natural food supplements – such as the previously mentioned MYHIXEL MAX– made from plants that help to control anxiety and stress levels, favoring ejaculation control.
- Communication in bed
This sex therapy method is the easiest to implement. When you’re about to cum, asking your partner to slow down a little bit is a good way to delay ejaculation and make sex last longer. For example, in most heterosexual encounters, a guy cums earlier than a woman. The average time for a female orgasm can take 5-7 minutes, while the average time for men is only up to 5 minutes. Communicating in bed is a good way to delay the time it takes for a man to cum – It also helps the couple to cum simultanously. But, in this case, there are some potential side effects and cons, like that it is difficult to implement with new partners as effective communication in bed grows along with the relationship. When having sex with new partners, you’ll find it difficult to use this method to control your orgasm immediately, as well as it’s not a comprehensive solution. This method may only alleviate the simplest psychological reasons for PE. For more complex mental or physical causes, you may need more comprehensive treatment.
3. Psychological Treatments for Premature Ejaculation?
In addition to natural treatments, it is also important to share your sexual concerns with people you trust, such as a partner, as well as with specialists. In this way, expressing your concerns and verbalizing them can be the first step towards dealing with the situation and finding a solution.
In the case of psychological treatment or therapy with a specialist, it is essential to know how to handle the situation and understand what is happening, as well as realizing that it can be solved. The specialist will attend to you personally and will focus on each situation in a personalized way.
The natural solution, MYHIXEL MED, includes a free 15 minutes online consultation to solve any doubts or talk about any sexual concerns with a specialist.
Exercises for Premature Ejaculation
There are some exercises for premature ejaculation, in more specific terms they are body self-sensitization techniques such as the squeezing technique or the start-stop exercise, although they do have some inconveniences:
- Squeeze method: The squeeze method is the start-stop method coupled with squeezing the area between the shaft and the head of the penis with your (or your partner’s) thumb and finger. This causes a more immediate stop in arousal and delays ejaculation for longer than just stopping.
Potential side effects and cons:
- Reduction of erection: In addition to the side effects and disadvantages of the start-stop method, this method may reduce the strength of your erection so it’s not a good solution for people with erectile dysfunction.
- Hard to master: To be able to use the squeeze method, you or your partner need to learn the proper technique, and doing it correctly can take a long time.
- Hard to practice: For this method to work properly you’ll have to use it during penetrative sex, not during masturbation. Men may find it hard to stop the thrusting motion at just the right time to apply the manual squeeze.
- Lack of medical studies: Neither the squeeze method nor the start-and-stop method have any medical studies proving their effectiveness.
- Start-stop method
The start-stop method is fairly simple. When you feel like you’re getting close to ejaculating:
Potential side effects and cons:
- Not easy nor quick: Most people will take up to three months or even longer to successfully implement this technique during intercourse or any other sexual activity.
- It’s frustrating: Suddenly stopping sexual activity can be frustrating for you and your partner as the breaks can ruin the moment.
- Easy to disrupt: It’s very important to keep track of your sexual arousal in this method. If you’re distracted or lose focus during sexual intercourse, you could overlook when you’re about to ejaculate.
- Hard to achieve by yourself: For this method to truly work, you’ll need a partner with you. You can’t use the start-stop method by yourself to last longer and stop yourself from cumming fast.
Some questions and answers about Premature Ejaculation
When is it considered premature ejaculation?
If you usually ejaculate in less than 3 minutes from the beginning of your sexual experiences, or if the lack of the ejaculatory control has not always been present, but now it happens all the time or almost all the time.
Can a man who has Premature Ejaculation have children? Premature ejaculation and fertility
Premature ejaculation does not affect fertility as long as ejaculation occurs inside the vagina.
They are not scientifically related, although the insecurity of having premature ejaculation during sexual intercourse could lead to loss of erection.
Where can I consult and who treats premature ejaculation?
In the case of premature ejaculation, it is important to contact a medical specialist, sexologist, or psychologist who will be able to identify the cause of the problem.
At what age can premature ejaculation appear?
It can appear at any age, both young and old, although it is more common among young men due to wrong learning habits in sexual relations, and it can be treated naturally. Middle-aged or older men can also suffer from acquired or secondary premature ejaculation.
- Only 20% of men who suffer from premature ejaculation visit a specialist or share their sexual concerns with someone who they trust, as male sexuality is still a taboo subject. In the case of premature ejaculation, 1 in 3 men suffer from it or have suffered from it at some time, but only a few are aware that in most cases it is due to psychological factors and that there is a solution.
- Among all the psychological causes that can affect ejaculatory control are stress, anxiety, insecurity, bad habits of learning how to have sex, etc.
- Seeing a specialist and looking for natural solutions without side effects can lead to a permanent improvement in ejaculatory control. This is the case of MYHIXEL, the pioneering brand in male sexual health, whose aim is to help men reach the next sexual level.